Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mickey Mouse Birthday for a four year old!

This last weekend, my sweet little guy turned four! He requested a mickey themed birthday party four days before the party was scheduled. On a small budget and a short amount of time, it's so easy to throw together a nice little party!

First up, was the mickey balloons that Daddy surprised the birthday boy with (and he only went in for one balloon. my husband is a total kid at heart):


We rented a small pavilion at a local park and did a bbq there. It was so easy to have the party at the park and to decorate a small space! 



To do the mickey stickers, I cut a bunch out with vinyl and applied where needed. I had left over red buckets from a spider man party, and the red and yellow paper I purchased at Dollar Tree. Besides BBQ food, we also had red and yellow drinks (kool aid and lemonade). We could have done the mickey cheese shapes and other mickey foods but we kept it simple.

Each utensil bundle had a spoon and a fork of black and yellow and the red napkins were tied with yellow polka dot fabric and a black paper mickey head.


The banner was cut out on red poster board, and then the mickey heads were black poster board. 




For favors, we thought it would be fun to do a pinata and the kids fill up their goody bags with the pinata "guts"! This was the high light of the party for these little ones! I used the tutorial over at At Second Street and it really took hardly any time to put it together. The entire cost of the pinata to make it including the bags and the contents to fill it was only 13 dollars and I got everything at Target! They were having a great clearance sale on all different types of party favors and I bought a bag of the mixed tootsie rolls and also a box of fruit snacks.  The wine bags were only .24 cents a piece, so I bought a bunch of those and put a red ribbon and a mickey head on those as well. Easy Peasy!


The birthday boy was the one to break it open!



I think my favorite of the day was the birthday boy's outfit:


(He had on his ears too, but safety before fashion!) 

The shirt was from Target and I painted the hand on using freezer paper. How many fingers does Mickey have? Four! 

The shorts were made from a clearance tshirt I had also picked up at target for only 1.25.  I used a pair he already had here and made my pattern. Then I sewed on Mickey's "buttons" with a yellow tshirt scrap and then sewed the shorts together. Quick, and very inexpensive, plus super comfortable for him to play in that day as well. 

For the cake, we went simple and did Mickey Cupcakes. I got the idea from Disney Family. The red cupcake liners were purchased at Target in a primary color pack in the baking aisle. I cheated and used store bought frosting and had sprinkles with it that I rolled them in. 



Sometimes, less is more. We enjoyed this birthday a lot!

Happy Birthday, Jackson! Hope it was your best yet!

Pin It

16 comments:

Wright's said...

Your party was fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing it with me. I'm glad the tutorial worked for you. I don't think I'll ever buy a pinata again either.
Kalleen
atsecondstreet

Kalleen at Second Street said...

That last comment was me, Kalleen from at second street. I didn't realized I was logged in under my family account, sorry.

Tina said...

Looks like it was a great party!! :D

Kim @ Too Much Time said...

This is SUCH a cute party!

Anonymous said...

Your party was great and you sure had fun. I am planning a Mickey mouse party for my son's first birthday and I will be taking tips from your party! Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB!! We are doing a mickey party for my son's 3rd party and i am definetely making these cupcakes... my question to you is how did you get the ears to stay stuck to the big oreos? what did you use as the glue? and how did you only get the sprinkles around the border of the cupcake like that? thanks so much!

Jonnique said...

So so late but I totally used a whole lot of your ideas for my Sons 2nd Birthday party in July! Thank You so much for sharing.

Susie Buetow said...

LOVE THESE oreo cupcakes! I would love for you to stop by and link up these lil treats in my Oreo 100th Happy Birthday Party! http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/2012/02/happy-100-birthday-oreo-cake-blog-link.html

Thank you! Yummy!

Susie

Unknown said...

What a cute party!! I loved your idea for making the utensils special, too. For my son's Mickey Mouse party I started with your idea and added a little touch to it. Would you mind if I shared a link to your site in my future blog post?

Unknown said...

hi, please where did you get the outfit of your son?

SEO Consultant said...

Absolutely an extremely valuable piece of content! Learned a lot from the top bloggers.
Learn from their advises and personal experiences Thanks a lot for making this post HAPPEN!
Check Out SEO Consultant in Mumbai.

Rocky said...

Online kaj is bangladesh tech blog,Here you will find all kind of tech and blogging related content for example: How to start a blog ..

Check Out 100% Original Rate All Categories Phone, Tablet, Gadgets, mobile price in bangladesh Full Specifications, Review At this site.

Deepak Bhardwaj said...

I really love this blog post. It is quite informative and also rich in quality informational detail for all types of readers. I am a routine researcher and reader who reads different blog posts on a daily basis for the sake of knowledge.Check our SEO consultant in Mumbai

Michanel jims said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michanel jims said...

This article is very informative , thanks to sharing with us. Finding SEO Company in ujjainthen plusply digital is offering the best SEO Services in ujjain for your business website or Online Marketing.

QuickMetrix said...

Amazing blog

QuickMetrix is an online reputation management tool that offers comprehensive solutions for individuals and businesses looking to manage and improve their online reputation. Its services include monitoring and tracking of online mentions, suppression of negative search results, and reputation repair. It provide personalized support and guidance to help clients achieve their online reputation goals.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails